Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Second Tree Glory...................

Always a story with me............why is that????

A few weeks ago, Mom and I went to Abilene to shop and stopped at Sam's....wow!!!! There was this beautiful 12 foot (keep this in mine) beautiful and affordable Christmas tree!

She said, let's get that for part of your Christmas so you can enjoy it!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Exciting!!!!!!!!!! Until the guy loads it into the car and bam....goes one of the boxes! This tree came in two boxes mind you, 12 feet remember...............

Get it home, start to put it up the next weekend..............and my dear hubby says, "honey this ceiling is NOT 12 feet............just keep going I say..........it will fit.........after all it didn't look that tall in SAM'S.....................HA, HA,...............

Needless to say our ceiling is 10 feet, the guy dropping the box caused many broken bulbs, and it is 6:00 Saturday night.....................and Sam's closes at 8:00!

Throw the tree back into the box, drop Griffin at Grandma and Papa's, drive frantically to Sam's, no receipt, return tree for ANOTHER 12 foot tree...........and have a nice date/dinner with my hubby at the pub/grill downtown.........................................

Guess what! WE left a section out of the tree and it's beautiful! 10 foot.......but beautiful!

You'll see.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment


Welcome to my world! My friends always said I "should write a book".............well this is as close as it gets. Each day is full of adventure at the Cypert house. Hopefully I can capture moments and share them with others.....................everyday is a gift from Above....so very thankful to be in "my" happy place...........join me!

Followers

Blog Archive